Populo are committed to ensuring that our business is conducted in a responsible manner.
We continually review our business practices to ensure that our business operates in a responsible manner with respect to Employees, Ethical Standards, Health, Safety, Environment and Community. We remain committed to continuous improvement.
While many of the aspects of our approach to social responsibility might seem common sense or even expected standards of behaviour for a business in modern society, we believe in being unequivocal and transparent to individuals and organisations outside of our company.
At Populo we focus on creating an engaging place to work where employees are able to develop and are challenged to achieve both their ambitions and the long-term strategic goals of the business. Populo is focused on retaining and attracting the right calibre of people and providing an environment where individuals can deliver to the best of their capabilities. We recognise the importance of our people and that it is only by their effective engagement that we will continue to be highly successful. We value their commitment and determination to achieve and deliver good results. Our working environment encourages openness, teamwork, an understanding of others’ needs and the ability ‘to make a difference’.
Populo promotes communication with employees who are encouraged to put forward their views to the company through both our monthly briefing meetings and also through our employee surveys. Employees are encouraged to participate in suggesting and implementing improvements.
We are committed to actively encouraging a more inclusive and diverse workplace and look for opportunities to reinforce this where appropriate, although we continue to recruit on merit. Populo is committed to eliminating all forms of discrimination and giving fair and equal treatment to all employees and job applicants in terms of recruitment, pay conditions, promotions, training and all employment matters regardless of their age, disability, race, sex, sexual orientation, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, gender reassignment, religion or belief.
Populo is highly dependent on the innovation and creativity of our employees for our future growth and success. It is important that we have a culture and set of values that are clearly understood across the business, and that employees embrace. We aim to operate to the highest ethical standards.
We recognise the importance of operating a business in an ethical manner. Populo has set appropriate standards and policies to uphold all laws relevant to prevention of bribery and corruption in all jurisdictions in which we operate. The company also has in place policies and procedures covering Gifts and Hospitality, Whistleblowing, the Modern Slavery Act, the Market Abuse Regulations, General Data Protection Regulations, the Criminal Finance Act and Equality.
Our Sourcing Policy requires suppliers to confirm they engage in ethical treatment of employees and observe prevailing laws in relation to other ethical issues, and ensures that suppliers:
- Do not employ any forced, bonded or involuntary labour;
- Do not use child labour;
- Provide safe and hygienic working conditions;
- Take adequate steps to prevent accidents and injury to health arising out of, associated with, or occurring in the course of employment;
- Pay wages and benefits and apply working hours for a standard working week that are no less than the applicable minimum national legal standard;
- Do not discriminate on grounds of gender, age, religion, political affiliation or sexual orientation;
- Do not permit harsh or inhumane treatment of its employees;
- Do not supply equipment used in the unethical treatment of individuals;
- Do not supply or trade in any banned or proscribed substances or materials in breach of the prevailing laws;
- Do not engage in practices that amount to bribery or are deemed corrupt or illegal;
- Do not engage in any uncontrolled release of genetically modified organisms likely to be detrimental to the environment; and
- Respect and seek to avoid any unlawful infringement of the intellectual property rights of third parties
It is the company’s policy to abide by all laws, directives and regulations relevant to its field of operations and to act in a manner to minimise the effects of our operations on the environment.
In order to achieve this Populo observes the following practices:
- be conscious of the environment beyond our immediate operations and to take steps to prevent pollution and to minimise environmental harm and nuisance
- monitor and comply with legislation, regulations and codes of practice on environmental matters relevant to Populo operations
- build an environmentally friendly work culture through training and high-quality communication with staff and all stakeholders
- monitor, review and continually improve our environmental performance
- be proactive in minimising our production of waste and reusing or recycling materials
- develop sustainable supply chains by using suppliers wherever appropriate that have environmental standards compatible with our own quality assurance policy
- work in partnership with external stakeholders to develop our corporate social responsibility
Specific objectives on which Populo will focus include:
- minimising the environmental impact of business travel
- reducing the consumption of resources such as paper and plastic
- minimising the volume of waste generated and maximise reuse, recycling and energy recovery from waste
- continually reassessing changing technology, business requirements and best environmental practices
We are committed to supporting and having a positive interaction with our local communities and encouraging our employees, families and friends to participate where possible.
Populo has a policy that once a quarter, all staff give a full day of their time to a charitable activity or organisation. This is time freely given by the company and isn’t part of employee holiday entitlement. The company blog on our website and social media have details of how we give back in this way.
Additionally, we participate, sponsor and raise money for a number of charities through different events throughout the year, details of which are detailed on our company blog and social media.
We intend to continue to provide ongoing support to these and other events.
Populo Consulting supported us extensively throughout our EPR Optimisation Programme. Their model fits well within the wider programme management and the fixed price delivery linked to an agreed set of outcomes helped keep the programme within budget. Overall, I was impressed with the service received and wouldn’t hesitate to recommend them to other NHS organisations.
Building Successful Outcomes
Driving change is inevitably about using a range of different services that can be tailored to match the specific nature of both our client, their problem and the desired outcome.Find Out More »